The Women’s Legal Mentorship Program (WLMP) mentoring circles are yours to create. Using the WLMP’s mentoring platform, you design your own diverse circle of mentors to support and grow with you.
Why Mentoring Circles
A mentorship circle isn’t limiting. It’s inclusive. It’s supportive. It’s reciprocal. It’s WLMP mentoring.
Our mentoring platform is focused on creating braver spaces for WLMP mentoring circles to grow. Throughout the WLMP’s pilot project at the university level and our research, we’ve found that creating mentoring circles increases equity, diversity and commitment to life-long mentoring. It establishes a foundation for creating change.
The WLMP’s virtual mentoring platform gives members the ability to create their own diverse mentoring experiences. Because the WLMP mentoring platform is flexible and not prescriptive, it nurtures empathetic, episodic, mutual and customized mentoring experiences.
All our WLMP Mentoring Circles operate on a private virtual platform. So, there are no limits to your mentoring experience. The purpose or number of mentoring styles you engage with. You shape your mentoring experience; we provide the platform.
As a WLMP member, you can engage with…
- Community mentoring circles when you need it. The WLMP’s holds virtual speed mentoring events where members create their own pop up mentoring circle. Our virtual mentorship platform gives you the freedom to engage with legal mentors, and also to mentor others on your schedule.
- Informal smaller mentoring circle and formal mentoring experiences. Our mentorship circles are always growing just like the WLMP Alumni Network. There are smaller mentoring circles based on practice areas or issues. As well as larger formal group community mentoring experiences facilitated through speed mentoring and other virtual events which function as the WLMP’s Leadership and Professional Development Circles.
You decide what style of professional legal mentoring you need, and how often you engage with your mentoring circles.
Our Leadership & Professional Development Circles
Our equity-based leadership and professional development mentoring circles give WLMP members accessible mentoring and programming. There is no additional fee.
Through the WLMP Mentoring Community, all self-identified women, non-binary and gender nonconforming (which includes LGBTQI2S+ and BIPOC self-identified womxn), who are members, have access to leadership and professional development mentoring opportunities.
As a WLMP member, you can engage with…
- Goal specific mentoring circles. Whether you’re struggling with a certain career goal, you can connect privately with a circle of online mentors, or individually to focus on your goal through our mentorship matching in-takes.
- Become a registered WLMP Legal Mentor. WLMP members, who are licensed lawyers in Canada and are in good stand are encouraged to register as a WLMP Legal Mentor.
- Student Members are encouraged to become a registered WLMP Peer Mentor. WLMP student members, who are actively enrolled and in good standing at a Canadian law school are encouraged to register as a WLMP Peer Mentor. WLMP Student Members engaged in peer mentoring have the opportunity to apply to the WLMP Peer Leadership Certificate™ program, which helps them showcase their mentoring and other soft-skills to future employers.
- Subject or practice area specific mentoring circles. WLMP members can take part in practice area specific speed mentoring events or set up their own private discussion forum.
- The WLMP Alumni Job Alerts. WLMP members are encouraged to post job and career opportunities.
- Members can post leadership opportunities in the Members Area. WLMP members are free to post leadership openings such as community board positions, and promoting bencher nominations to promote women’s leadership development. As well as post professional development events and opportunities.
WLMP Law Student Circles
The WLMP mentorship platform offers all self-identified female, non-binary and gender nonconforming (which includes LGBTQI2S+ and BIPOC self-identified womxn) law students a unique intersectional feminist-based mentorship options. Through the WLMP’s virtual mentoring community, student members access WLMP law student circles. They can connect with fellow student members.
As a WLMP student member, you get access to the WLMP’s Online Mentoring Community. So you can engage with…
- All WLMP community mentoring circles when you need it. You can connect with a variety of legal mentors and peer mentors when it fits into your schedule.
- Informal smaller law student and non-law student specific mentoring circle and formal group mentoring community mentoring experiences.
- the WLMP Alumni Network. As a WLMP student member you are automatically admitted to our Alumni Network.
- Goal specific mentoring circles. As a WLMP student member you can access any goal specific mentorship circles through our speed mentoring events.
- the WLMP National Student Program, or if your law school has an licensed WLMP University Program, you can access our copyrighted certified foundational 3-part integrative law school based mentorship program.