VALUE OF OUR COMMUNITY & MEMBERSHIP
The value of professional mentoring is immeasurable. It is transformative. The difficulty was until now, the legal mentoring options were always the same. They didn’t grow with your needs or your career. And there was only one type of mentoring, the old one-size fits all approach.
With the WLMP mentoring platform, you are in control of your mentoring experience. You choose what works for you and on your schedule.
By becoming a member of the WLMP, you are supporting and promoting intersectional mentorship, equity and leadership development. Bringing all self-identifying women in the law one step closer to creating lasting change within Canada’s legal profession.
Also, you get valuable WLMP member benefits. All for free.
With your free WLMP Membership, your benefits include:
- Access to the WLMP Virtual Mentoring Platform. Our mentorship platform is an inclusive community. Whether you are just starting out as a law student, an articling student, a new Call, are mid-career or have practiced for many years, you can access the WLMP’s virtual mentoring room of our own.
- Engage in group mentoring when you need it. Through member access to the WLMP’s private virtual mentoring community, you have access to group mentoring through our formal speed mentoring events and the discussion forum in our members area. Giving you the freedom to engage with mentors or to mentor others on your schedule. When you need it.
- Goal specific mentoring. Whether you’re struggling with an issue or a career goal, you can connect with a WLMP mentoring to focus on your specific goal or issue. Our mentorship applications and processes helps you identify your goal specific mentoring needs. We do our best to help find you a mentoring match to help you with your identified goal or issue.
Skills based inclusive WLMP webinars at no additional charge. Our webinars are not just about inspiring, they are also focused on providing practical information and guidance for whatever stage you are at within your professional growth.
WLMP webinars cover a wide range of topics from:
- speed mentoring events with WLMP lawyers and other women in law organizations
- mental health and wellness
- bar prep webinars
- career transitions from law school, law firm and beyond
- equity action events, intersectional feminism and ally training
- and more!
- Receiving The Spark, the WLMP’s e-newsletter featuring interviews, coaching and mentorship tips, WLMP mentor and alumni spotlights, the latest on our events, news from the WLMP National Student Program, chapters and more.
- Access to the WLMP’s Jobs and Opportunity Board located in the our Members Area.
- National Student volunteer leadership opportunities for WLMP law student members. Our volunteer leadership opportunities fit around your schedule and allow you to develop your leadership skills in a braver space and volunteer from home through our National Student Program leadership circle and committee opportunities.
- Special WLMP Member offers and discounts.